M. Adam Jones & Associates, LLC
206 N Lena St
Dothan, AL, 36303
Aimee Cobb is the managing partner of the firm’s Montgomery office. She received a Bachelor in Science degree from Auburn University in 1994. Aimee later moved to Montgomery, Alabama, and graduated from Faulkner University’s Jones School of Law in 1998. While at Jones, she was elected a First Year Honor Court Associate Justice, Secretary/Treasurer for the Student Bar Association, and Vice-Dean of Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity.
Aimee began her career as a prosecutor in the Montgomery County District Attorney’s office, but she later found her calling in defending the rights of the accused. With 23 years of experience, Aimee is known throughout the legal community as a passionate, zealous advocate for her clients. As a true trial attorney, her areas of practice include both federal and state criminal defense, appeals, with a special emphasis on parole board hearings. Aimee is a constitutional lawyer, whose devotion to defending the rights of the least of our society ultimately serves to protect the rights of everyone. Aimee lives in Dothan, Alabama, with her two children.
Some of Aimee’s honor and activities include:
- Member of the Montgomery County Bar Association
- Member of the Houston County Bar Association
- Member of the Alabama State Bar Association
- Lifetime Member of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Admitted to the United States Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama
- Panel member of the Federal Defenders Office
- Member of the Montgomery Trial Lawyers Association
- Temporary Probate Judge of Montgomery County
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Montgomery Aids Outreach
- Executive Board Member and former President for the Landmark Foundation (also known as the Old Alabama Town)
- Garden District Preservation Society
- Former Member of the Junior League of Montgomery
- Guest on BET Live with Ed Gordon in New York.
- Nominating committee member for the selection of the Federal Magistrate for the Middle District of Alabama.
CONTINUED LEGAL EDUCATION SPEAKER:
- Topic: “Everything You Need to Know to Hang Your Shingle” offered through the Montgomery County Bar Association on 3-3-16.
- Topic: “Justice Must Be Won XXII: Preserve Your Client’s Liberty with Persuasive Trial Techniques and Strategy” offered through the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association on 5-16-14.
- Topic: “Best Business Practices for Establishing and Operating a Law Practice” in conjunction with Laura Calloway of the Alabama State Bar Association offered through the Montgomery County Bar Association on 3-22-13.
- Topic: “Hanging Your Shingle at Jones School of Law offered through the Montgomery County Bar Association on 4-3-12.
- Topic: “A to Z Legal Topics” offered through South University on 12-16-11.
- Topic: “The Basics of Filing Criminal Appeals” offered through the Montgomery County Bar Association on 8-26-11.
- Topic: “Alimony Law Update” offered through the Montgomery County Bar Association on 10-29-09.