Dothan Truck Accident Attorneys
Large trucks are dangerous. Tractor-trailers can weigh upwards of 80,000 pounds, and when a collision involving a large truck and a passenger car occurs, the damages can be catastrophic. At the law offices of M. Adam Jones & Associates, our trucking accident attorneys have seen the terrible effects of large truck accidents and are prepared to provide you with our experienced legal counsel if you or a loved one has been harmed in a collision involving a large truck.
What should you do if you have been involved in a crash with an 18 wheeler?
How a Truck Accident Can Change Your Life
Truck accidents can cause truly catastrophic damages with life-changing consequences. A truck accident may change your life by:
- Resulting in a severe and long-term or permanent disability;
- Causing disfiguring injuries;
- Affecting your ability to work and earn an income;
- Causing permanent pain and suffering;
- Causing emotional and psychological complications, including feelings of depression and anxiety, or the onset of post-traumatic stress disorder;
- Complicating your personal relationships, including your ability to care for your children or maintain intimacy with your partner;
- Forcing you to invest in changes to your home or vehicle to accommodate your disability; and
- Resulting in high expenses in the form of medical care, property damage, lost wages, and more. These expenses may even be so great that you suffer anxiety about how you will pay them or even consider options like bankruptcy.
When a truck accident occurs and another party is to blame, you deserve to be compensated for your harms and injuries. At the law offices of M. Adam Jones & Associates, our experienced truck accident lawyers will work hard to improve your chances of recovering every penny of your losses.
Top Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are almost always caused by the negligence of another party. However, a complicated aspect of truck accident claims is that there are often multiple potentially liable parties involved. These parties might include the truck driver, the trucking company, a shipper or loader of cargo, a truck part manufacturer, or a third party driver. Of course, if the accident was caused by a road or signage defect, this too increases the number of potentially liable parties.
Most truck accidents are preventable. Some of the top causes of truck accidents in Alabama include:
- Truck driver error, such as speeding, falling asleep at the wheel, tailgating or driving aggressively, driving while impaired, or taking a turn too fast;
- Trucking company error, such as the failure to properly service or maintain a truck, train a driver, or ensure that a driver adheres to federal hours of service requirements,
- Cargo shift, which might occur if cargo was improperly loaded or secured, leading to a weight change in transit that causes an accident; and
- Defective equipment or truck part, including defective brakes, tires, lights, steering equipment, and more.
Investigating Your Truck Accident
Because of the various causes of truck accidents and the multitude of potentially liable parties, it is important that you work with an experienced Alabama truck accident lawyer who can open a thorough investigation into your truck accident to determine what happened, who acted negligently, and against whom a claim for damages should be filed. At the offices of M. Adam Jones & Associates, we have the resources it takes to investigate your claim and hire experts to aid in the process, including forensic specialists, vehicle design experts, accident reconstruction experts, and more.
Our team is also able to hire experts and professionals who are responsible for determining the value of your claim. You deserve to be compensated for the full extent of your economic and noneconomic expenses. We determine the amount that you’re entitled to, and then aggressively negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Acting Quickly Is Imperative
It is imperative that you act quickly after a truck accident. Our lawyers understand that if you have suffered serious injuries, the last thing that you may be thinking about is legal action. However, if you do not act soon, evidence critical to your claim may be destroyed. It is also important to remember that the statute of limitations in Alabama is only two years from the date of collision; if you do not file a suit within this time frame, you may be permanently barred from seeking damages.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer On Your Side
Being involved in a serious truck accident can be a tragic experience, and you may have incurred thousands, or even hundreds of thousands, of dollars in damages and medical bills. You may be thinking that the insurance company will pay your claim without complication or complaint, but that isn’t always the case Insurance companies are experts at reducing claimants’ settlements and saving money. Not only will an insurance company attempt to reduce your settlement and offer you less than you might deserve, you may even be denied compensation if there is any evidence to suggest that you contributed in any way to the accident.
Contact an Experienced Alabama Truck Accident Attorney
When you are harmed in a truck accident, you need compensation, and you need it fast. When you work with the offices of M. Adam Jones & Associates, our accomplished Alabama truck accident lawyers will do everything we can to get you the best result possible under the law. To learn more about our legal services and how we can help, call our law offices today at (334) 699-5599, or send us a confidential message using the contact form on our website. All consultations are offered free of charge.
Back to Personal Injury